A little love

Heya all! How the heck are ya? Hope you had a great weekend!

Today I was feeling a little Valentine’s crafty mojo and worked on a couple SUPER quick projects.

Melissa’s cutie Scrabble art last year had me at “love”and I’ve wanted to do it since. I threw it together with a Goodwill frame, some pink paper behind the glass, and the Scrabble tiles hot glued to the top:

It would be way cauuuter with some adorable V-Day paper behind it (and maybe a nicer frame?), but I was trying to use what I had. :)

I wanted to fill the long frame, so I added the “forever” to what Melissa did. Now that I look at it, it reminds me of this book, so I may change this out after the holiday and put it in the Bub’s room somewhere. :) Maybe a navy blue frame and a white background to match his space? So fun!

This one was along the same lines, another Goodwill frame, with paper and a sparkly Target dollar spot heart glued to the front:

Simple but oh-so-precious!

I hope to put a little Valentine’s vignette together soon. (Check out Melissa’s! Adorable!) That little project will have to wait though, because I’m heading out to Nashville this week to hang with many of my bloggy friends at the Blissdom conference. I am SO excited to see the women I know and now consider friends in real life, and to meet so many new ones!

This picture tells the story of last year, words are not needed:

image

AnNicole, we will miss you!! Kate, when are we going line dancing? :)

Anyhoo – I decided a couple weeks ago that I wanted to share a little love and highlight some bloggers that are NOT attending Blissdom this year. I thought I’d be able to go through some of your blogs and pick projects, but because the response on Twitter and Facebook was so great I need your help.

I’d love to share some of your fantastic blogs while I’m gone!

Here’s the info:

1. Your blog must be a DIY/craft/decor blog.

2. You must be less than a year old. (Uhhh, your blog, not you.)

3. You are not attending Blissdom this year.

4. If you meet all three of those criteria, send me html of a post bragging about your blog. Maybe highlight three of your top projects?

5. Please make it a brief post and no more than three pictures. I’m going to try to get as many of these scheduled as I can, so I need them quick and easy and html ONLY.

6. If I have any issues getting your html to work, I’ll try to communicate with you to let you know, but I can’t make any promises. I have to do laundry before I leave (and that’s gonna take a while).  :)

7. I’ll accept your posts starting…NOW. I’ll take them through Tuesday (January 25th) at 10 p.m. Eastern time. Anything after that won’t be used (cause I have to get to that dreaded laundry.)

8. If you send a post, I will highlight you in the order received. I will get as many scheduled as I can, but yours may not make it. If it doesn’t, I’ll keep it for a Show Her Off post in the future.

9. Send the email to thriftydecorchick (at) gmail (dot) com and put “NEWBIE” in the subject line. (Anyone else thinking of the Scrubs sitcom right now?)

Does that sound good? I want to promote some of you newer bloggers and I figured this would be a great time to do that!

And finally, I’m asking for a little love for me tomorrow (Tuesday). I was called back to do another mammogram, which I know is not unusual. They mentioned about 45 times (or so) that this would probably happen (since it was my first mammogram there is no baseline).

Even though I expected it, getting the call was still a little disheartening. I’m expecting and hoping for good news, but I would appreciate any tiny prayers you can send my way. I know there are so many out there who need prayers more than me, so thank you if you do. :)

Have a great week and stay tuned for some highlights of new(er) bloggers! Unless no one sends me posts. Then there will just be lots of crickets. Chirping.

P.S. Thank you to Daria in Pennsylvania for the extra Scrabble tiles! :)

 
coompax-digital magazine