Before and After Party: A DIY cloche

pearHappy Easter to you all! I hope you had a wonderful and blessed spring day!

We had planned on just lounging and eating all day – but the fantastic weather drew us outside, so we spent most of the day working on the yard. Wow. SO much to do out there this year! But it felt good to get my hands dirty again. ;)

This month’s Before and After Party project is a complete and utter copy cat – but that’s a good thing, right? I’ve seen DIY cloches all over blogland – but this one spoke to me for some reason. The reason -- it was just…CUTE. Allison over at House of Hepworth’s did this project and it had me at “cloche.”

I started with a cheese dome/plate from Goodwill. These are plentiful at most Goodwill's – I swear I see at least one every trip in. My set was $2.99:

cheese plateNext, a $.99 candlestick:

candlestick

I liked that it was big. And chunky. (Name that movie!)

I used my epoxy from Gorilla Glue for the first time to put the two together:

gorilla glue

It was super easy to use – I glued the pieces together and let them sit overnight, but I think it takes less than a couple hours for it to really bond. It worked great!

Then…of course, I had to use the Heirloom White spray paint again:

Heirloom White spray paint

I am quite sure my oil-rubbed bronze boyfriend on the shelf in the basement is sulking right now. Sorry love. I’ll be back soon. Smooches.

Even though I did a light sanding over the whole thing, it still took tons of coats of spray paint, and I still didn’t get it in all the crevices. But it was worth it!:

cloche with pearsIt now sits on the little table that separates our family room and kitchen:

table with cloche

I hope one day it will be a perfect little addition to a console table behind the sofa in that spot. ;)

I am quite sure the little cutie pear that is not protected by the cloche will be used as a tennis, basket, golf or baseball sometime very soon. But for now, he’s so darn cute sitting there!

So, my before and after for the month for you again! Before…cheesy plate and cheap candlestick:

cheese plate candlestick

After…GORG!:

cloche with pearsTotal cost was $4 for the Goodwill purchases – the spray paint and glue I had on hand.

Do you LOVE? I ADORE IT. I mean, seriously, adore it.

I can’t wait to see what you’ve been up to as well! Anything goes – as long as you have a before pic of some sort. Remember to copy and paste the address from the actual post, not to your blog! (I have to delete those and I hate to be a meany.)

I have a fun little addition to this month’s par-tay…one of you Squeezies who links up with a project will win a $50 HomeGoods gift card. Whoo to the HOO!

It will be randomly drawn, not based on the project. So link. it. up! And have FUN! (The linky will be up till this Friday evening.)

 
coompax-digital magazine